search / what's up / comments on im2000
Stephan Wehner
2004-06-08 18:23:25 UTC
Hi there,

Is there a search for this mailing list? I might have
found an answer to my query:

What strikes me about the im2000 idea is that it
seems easily implemented with existing servers.
For example with qmail, parse incoming emails
to see that they only contain a URL. No subject,
just a URL. Don't even bounce other messages.
Then the user will get an inbox with just URLs.
With any webmail running on that inbox the messages
are a click away. Avoiding the extra click looks like
small step to add.

To send messages, a simple script should do to write
the
message to a URL and send the URL instead of the
message.

Has this been discussed?

In general I cannot get too optimistic about the
im2000 scheme - with so many trojans sitting around
(see todays Infected Windows PCs Now Source Of 80% Of
Spam on slashdot at
http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/06/08/0155218&mode=thread&tid=111&tid=126&tid=185&tid=190&tid=201&tid=95)
it still looks vulnerable.

See you

Stephan

Stephan Wehner
Editor, Traffic Life: Passionate Tales and Exit
Strategies
www.trafficlife.com

http://messenger.yahoo.com/