Inbound SMTP schemes for NGMP
Wes Morgan
2004-06-02 17:40:40 UTC
I have just posted two options for how we would handle incoming SMTP messages
on an NGMP server. You can find them on the NGMP wiki here:

http://ngmp.libretech.org/moinmoin/moin.cgi/NgmpInboundSmtp

The two options I'm currently proposing are no SMTP messages allowed and a
challenge-response system. I would love to see what everyone on this list
thinks about these schemes and any other ideas for how to go about being
compatible with SMTP but not so compatible that we inherit its shortcomings.

Those on the list who are not primarily interested in NGMP might appreciate it
if you edited the wiki with any comments/ideas instead of posting them to
this list. Thanks.

Wes Morgan
- --
We shall not cease from exploration